Thursday, November 13, 2008

5-4-3-2-1.............IT'S A GIRL

Yesterday 11-12-08 was one of the best days of my life. Not only did John and I celebrate our 3 year wedding anniversary, but it also was the day we found out that we are having a beautiful (pretty sure SPOILED) little GIRL.

Around 2pm John, my mom and I, all huddled in the doctors office, in front of a monitor, viewing play by play of a little spine, bones, head, heart and of course our little girls x0x0x0x. I have never seen anything cooler then my little baby moving around inside my belly.

For those of you who grew up with me, no that pink is not one of my favorite colors. I was the first granddaughter to be born after 3 boys and the story is told that my grandmother went to Bullock's after she heard the news and a few days later, on the door step of my parents house in West Virginia, were loads of boxes filled with PINK clothes. I am not sure if that is why pink is not my favorite color or dirt doesn't look good on pink.

Anyway, John and I are thrilled beyond belief that we are having a daughter, and the doctor said she is super healthy daughter. So for those of you who voted girl, thanks for the good karma.
Stay tuned for pictures of our little peanut. (as soon as I figure out the scanning machine)

P.S I know I said that I was not going to find out the gender of our baby, but there was nothing like watching the features of your child and not getting wrapped up in one of the most perfect moments of your life. Having the most wonderful husband and the proudest, caring mom in the world, all there to watch a miracle on the screen, Do I have to say more.........

3 comments:

Kerry said...

Congrats! Isn't it amazing to see a little human growing inside of you and moving around...truly a gift from above! I couldn't be happier for you and John. So are you rethinking your opinion of pink or is it going to stick? Good luck with that one...not dressing a girl in pink is hard! Pink is everywhere! Oh and pink loves chocolate...chocolate is the color of dirt :)Congrats again...it will be here before you know it!

Kerry said...

Your due date that is but yes she will be here before you know it too!

Z said...

I agree...I wasn't going to find out either...but how can you not? I'm so happy for you that you are going to have a little girl!!! She will be such a little precious angel...we can't wait to meet her!