Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Smiling, talking and first trip away from home...











Sierra is almost 6 weeks old, which people have told us that it is a magic age ( either she is now accustomed to the world, or we have more patience). As of last week we are seeing smiles and hearing new coo"s from little Sierra. We think she is talking to us, so of course we always respond to her.She has been very active on her play gym and her dad is still working on her pedaling ( getting her ready to ride a bike).
This past weekend we took her on her first trip away from home. We went up to Simi Valley to see cousin Morgan get commissioned. The trip went really well, and Sierra got to meet two of my favorite people, Brandy and Cindy who I grew up with in Simi Valley. Thanks to Nana for helping us out on our first adventure, and we look forward to many more.

I went back to work last week, so Sierra stayed home with Nana. Here are some pictures of Sierra and her first babysitter, Sierra smiling, Sierra in her dress she wore to the comissioning and Sierra in her I Love My Dads Bike shirt she wore on Johns birthday.

1 comment:

Kerry said...

ok...in one pic she reminds me of John but boy do I see your dad in her...which probably means she looks a lot like you! She is precious! I like to think that it is a combo of both...she is accustom to the world and you have more patience. And of course every new thing melts your heart...smiles, coos...it is so fun to see and hear!