Wednesday, April 1, 2009

39.5 weeks and no little peanut yet......

As much as it would be fun to play an April Fools joke on all of you, I don't want to jinks myself, and have this little bundle of joy come out today. Any other day will do, but just not April 1st.

Today was another appointment. Between my doctors appointments and John working at the hospital, I feel like we should get a hotel room at Sharp.

The doctors appointment was pretty much uneventful ( good thing and bad thing). Good, in the fact that everything checked out just fine. BP was good, no protein in the urine, babies HR was great and my wt was good. Bad, in the fact that I am still only 1cm dilated, and my uterus is tight as ever. So in layman's terms, little peanut likes being in the womb and is not making any quick strides to get out today. That does not mean everything could go down in a quick moment. Peanut has a mind of her own and when she wants to come out, she can.

On another note. I have to go back on Monday for another check-up and start fetal monitoring if she has not arrived by then. That would put her 2 days late, and she gets extra care when shes late. From that day on, if she is still not here, I am scheduled for induction on Friday the 10Th.

So its day by day now, and a lot of waiting. I will post another blog on Monday unless I have more news before that.

Happy April 1st.

No comments: