Monday, April 6, 2009

40 weeks and 2 days.........

Here it is April 6Th, 2 days after Peanuts due date, and no little peanut. The doctor asked today " where does she get her stubbornness from" I replied, both sides. I would have to say that I am very proud of our little peanut for being stubborn, and I hope it continues when she encounters boys.
Well, needless to say we are without a little bundle still. Today's appointment was like always, quick and not much change. I am still between 1 and 2cm dilated, no protein in the urine, good BP and wt is the same. Today's internal exam was a little more interesting in the fact that the doctor ruptured my membranes which can either help the start of labor or not. After that appointment we adventured over to the hospital for fetal monitoring. I started with an ultrasound to make sure the baby still had enough amniotic fluid, then I was placed on a monitor for 30 minutes. The monitor was to watch the babies HR, and make sure she elevated her HR 15 beats for at least 15 seconds 2x. This can evaluate the amount of O2 the baby is getting. Everything was Great.
So when is this little girl going to come out and meet everyone? I think it is our question as much as it is yours. I can tell you that we walked Torrey Pines today and have been walking pretty much everyday, and as much as I feel great, I am not sure that it is speeding up the process. But I can say that we are scheduled Friday morning 5am for induction if nothing happens in the meantime. I will go in and be placed on pitocin and then allow the labor to begin.
I will keep you updated, and if not, someone will.
Happy Monday and I hope everyone is doing well.

2 comments:

Z said...

Every single one of my girlfriends that have had their membranes ruptured went into labor within 24-48 hours. I keep checking the blog to see if there is a baby yet...there will be one soon and we can't wait to hear her name and see her beautiful face. Good luck Heather!!!!

Kerry said...

SOON!! She will be here soon! Hopefully the "stripping" or that is what we always called it works. I know you would really like for her to come on her own. Best wishes and I can't wait to see pics!!