Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Don't postpone your plans just yet......

Well, another doctors appointment and pretty much the same thing. Today was my 38.5 week appointment which went well. Today the doctor could officially put the tip of one finger through the cervix, which means I am barely 1cm dilated. Last week she could feel the babies head, but she could not get through the cervix. So on that note, I am progressing, but not to the point where I will be running to the hospital anytime in the next week or so.

There was a lot of talk today about an induction (inducing my labor sooner then later), but John and I have chosen to let this little peanut choose her own birthday. Since things have been going along so smoothly, we want to see it to the end. If for some reason she likes hotel Heather better then the outside world, the doctor will only let her extend her stay one week.

With that said, the longest I will be pregnant will be until April 11Th. But who knows, she can make an appearance anytime any place.

Everything else is great. Today I found out that my long time friend Brandy and her husband Rudy are expected a GIRL in August. I am so excited, Peanut will have so many good friends to grow up with, just like I have had. Congratulations Rudolph's.

Stay tuned for pictures of the nursery, which I will post this weekend. My cousin Corey will be putting them up this Saturday.

2 comments:

Z said...

Congrats...the anticipation must be at an all time high. Wishing you much rest during these final weeks. MEeting your little girl for the first time is going to be the most amazing experience of your life. So happy for you.

Unknown said...

At least you haven't had to do any ab workouts lately. Great Photos. You guys must be getting so excited. Tell John no Nobel Canyon Rides for a few weeks.
Can't wait for the next round of photos!